2015-2016 Room & Board Rates
2016-2017 Rates will be available in January 2016
Single room: $8,650 (academic year), $4,575 (semester)
Double room: $7,150 (academic year), $3,775 (semester)
Parking: $200 (fall), $215 (spring). Parking is limited. Please contact us about availability.
- a furnished room (regular twin bed, drawers, shelves & desk; linens and pillow are not provided)
- three healthy, generous, home-made meals per day, Monday-Friday and brunch on Saturdays & Sundays
- Internet (wired and WiFi)
- all utilities (water, heat, air conditioning)
- onsite laundry
- formal end-of-semester dinners
- special events at the French House (conferences, lectures, recitals, movie nights)
- activities & outings to francophone related events are arranged based on what’s available in the Madison area
Additional academic benefits:
- improved French language skills
- onsite academic advising and coaching by French House director
- access to native speakers for language practice and informal tutoring
How do we keep are rates so reasonable?
Room & board is less expensive than most other similar options on and off campus (see below for a comparison). Scholarships are available for new, incoming UW-Madison Freshmen and transfer students (click here for more information).
Compare us to other options in Madison
UW-Madison Residence Halls: Estimate based on published rates for 2015-2016. Rates typically increase by 4-7% per year. Rates below include an average cost for food.*
Single room: $9,674 – 10,474 (The French House is roughly $1,000 – $2,000 less.)
Double, triple, quad room: $8,802 – $9,952 (The French House is roughly $1,200 – 2,300 less)
*Average food amount does not include any meals or snacks purchased outside the UW Residence Halls network (local restaurants, snack bars, etc.). The French House provides all-you-can eat meals, snacks, fresh fruit, and allows residents to make sack lunches or have lunch plates or dinner plates set aside.
Private Residence Halls such as The Langdon, The Towers, The Statesider. Some include breakfast.
Rates vary from roughly $459 – $1350 per bed, per month, plus meals (some include breakfast).
Private Apartments: These are the 2013-2014 average rates published by the UW-Madison Campus Area Housing resource. Most apartments are unfurnished are require a 12 month lease. Of course, this is just rent; food, internet, cable, and often utilities are extra.
One bedroom: $800/month
Two bedroom: $1,200/month
Three bedroom: $1,500/month
Four bedroom: $2,000/month