The French House and the Department of French & Italian regularly hosts visits from school and college groups for lunch and classes Monday through Thursday (up to 30 or so guests).
We want to make your visit to Madison as educational and as fun as possible! So please fill out the form below and let us know what would work best for you.
Class visits on campus are very welcome! But please let us know as soon as possible because we receive multiple group requests and while we try to accommodate everyone, we are not always successful, unfortunately. MERCI !
Options for groups of French students in Madison
- Have lunch at the French House! We have a fun, friendly group of college students, with plenty of native French speakers, who would love to sit with your students and engage them in conversation. Lunch Monday through Thursday is $8/person. One adult eats free with every 10 students.
- Sit in on a college French class. A few things to keep in mind…
- When? Please keep in mind that we can only schedule class visits when classes are in session and we prefer to avoid visits during the first and last weeks of the semester. You can check our Academic Calendar here.
- How many? Finding space in our classrooms can be done for up to 30 students or so. They would be spread out among a number of different classes in groups of 3-5.
- Just a French class? Non! Perhaps your students (or a small group of your students) would enjoy visiting an intro Italian class? Or another language? Let us know and we’ll try to make that happen!
- Take a tour of the Chazen Art Museum of Art on campus. (must be organized directly with the Chazen)
- Visit an authentic French bakery and order en français at La Baguette, 7424 Mineral Point Rd.,Madison, (608) 827-6775.
- Smaller groups (10 or so) may enjoy a visit to Fromagination on the Capitol Square and/or have lunch at the Mediterranean Café where the owner speaks French and the food is fantastic! It’s probably best to call ahead and let them know.
- Discover other events for francophones and francophiles here at on our site.