UPDATE: The event described below took place at the French House on Monday, Nov. 6th. The University community is now taking a closer look. “The Future of Europe after Paris: a Panel Discussion” will take place on Monday, November 30th, at 4pm. Click here for complete information.
Together in solidarity: un rassemblement à Madison
En hommage aux victimes des attentats de Paris, la Maison Française, le Département de Français et d’Italien et la communauté de Madison a partagé un moment de recueillement, une expression de notre soutien aux victimes et à leurs familles et amis et de notre solidarité face à ces actes de barbarie.
During the gathering this past Monday (Nov.6, 2015), messages of solidarity and support for the victims of the Paris attacks of November 13th were shared among the attendees and inspired by speakers from the university and faith communities in Madison.
The speakers for this event were:
- Gilles Bousquet, Chair and Professor of French, UW-Madison Department of French and Italian
- Richard Keller, Associate Dean, UW-Madison Division of International Studies
- Ben DeBoer, Bjorn Hanson and Arjune Rama, UW-Madison Health Services
- Jean-René Watchou, Director of International Outreach, Christ Presbyterian Services, Madison
- Moustafa Moustafa, Faculty Associate, UW-Madison Department of African Languages and Literature and Imam, Islamic Center of Madison
- Razan Al Dagher, UW-Madison Arab Student Association
- Névine El Nossery, Professor of French, UW-Madison Department of French & Italian
Below are a few reports from that evening.
Thank you for all who attended and to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.